Sunday, October 19, 2008

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation....

So, thank you to all my wonderful friends who made comments on my post...you guys are so encouraging! I tend to be a negitive person...like the glass is half empty instead of half full. I don't know why, but it is definitely one of my many character flaws. I am trying to change this by the grace of God. I do wish I would have worked on this years ago. Well, what can I say about this past week. I worked quite a bit so I wasn't home much and so now I'm trying to catch up with laundry and stuff around the house. Some things happened this week (involving my children making bad choices) I'm really just hurt and disappointed about the whole thing. There are no guarantees that come with the children God gives you...and especially not if they happen to be pastor's kids. They did not like this label (PK) when Roland was the pastor of a chuch for 4 years in FL. However, you think you are doing all you can to teach them the word of God , like in Deut. 6:5-8...Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strengh..These commandments that I give you today are to be upon you hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. I guess the world just gets in the way of the one true God we are suppose to Love with everything instead of all the other stuff we put first. So all that to say, I have been praying harder than ever before....and God is so awesome to reveal new things to me daily. He has brought our family through so much in recent months. He is faithful to walk us through our trials even in my weekest moments(after all I am human ya know)

Now on the lighter side, I'll attempt to do some painting this week in my living room (the one room I could not pick a color for) so I tried this mustard with gold (wall magic) I think it has grown on me and the whole room will look good when I'm done. (I hope) Then I get to pick some curtains to match, oh noooooooooooo! (they have to be cheap on my budget)

I amost forgot, my niece is coming from FL this week and Kelci is so excited because she is going to take her to see High School Musical #3. They are really good about spoiling her...then I get to bring her back to reality.

So, I guess I'll save some more stuff for later...my mind is still in go mode, but I'd write a book if that kept up. I could say THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES........ ok well I know that was cheesy, but I'm old school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another good one! The days of our lives are like the sands of the hour glass once they drop and the next grain lands the all pretty much look the same and just fill the space. That is why these blogs and journals are so useful to capture the moments that stand out. Document the works of God in our lives, some of which no one sees and to Praise and Worship that we made it through the day and received our promise of new mercies with the sunrise the next.

Shine on :)

artisticace'smom said...

Seriously, why was I not informed of this, oh dear friend! Now I know, so keep writing!