Sunday, November 16, 2008

I will Praise Him in the Storm!!!!!!!!!

O.K., so life has not been so easy the last few months and the saga continues, but God is the pilot so he's in control, not me....(I AM NOT GOD!) I have to remind myself this after being a member of the (I AM NOT GOD SUPPORT GROUP) I have had a range of emotions ..that I will not go into, but right now I am just thankful! No , things aren't perfect or even fixed by any means, but I know this is a growing process and as the saying goes...NO PAIN, NO GAIN...this is also true with your walk with Christ. You can go along for years thinking I've given everything...I Love God, I serve God, I teach, I teach my children about God, but God says Do you really Love ME? Will you love me when things get hard? When you don't understand? When your heart is broke? When I let your children fall? Well, God is teaching me new things through this...even though things may get harder. I don't always like them and I can't say that this has been easy at all!!!!!!!!!!!I have a good support group of friends who have been encouraging me and praying for my family. THANK YOU! So, Kali and Charlie have been found safe and She is getting treatment right now. She was gone 11 days this time and I'm over being mad! (which would do me no good anyway) I just keep praying for her and Charlie to make the right good choices daily...it's living for God through the little stuff that make the big stuff easier.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5-6

As my husband would say (How can we help others if we don't know what they are going through?) I would have chosen to pass on this one, however. Well, I know God is going to use this for good sometime...

We also had a visit from Roland's family today...they were on their way to the mountains. It went very well and we had a nice visit. I did miss going to Disciple Now with my youth at church because of all the stuff going on over the weekend, but I hear they had a great time. I'm excitied for them and I can't wait to see the changes they will make in their lives because of a renewed commitment to the Lord.

A new week tomorrow.....with new challenges ahead....but It's all good! God's ways are not my ways. (this is a good thing!)

6 comments:

artisticace'smom said...

Hey Mary, I'm glad you are doing a little better thru all of this. Try to get some good rest this week, rest always seems to make things more manageable.
Love ya,
Laura

Michelle said...

Sometimes we need to weather a passing storm, sometimes an entire stormy season that never seems to end. Hang in there, Mary... all storms do pass eventually.

Take Care,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Keep looking for the light through the dark clouds. Like you said God WILL use all of this for good
and He has a plan for Kali, and for you.

Be encouraged.

Beth in NC said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and was thrilled to find another Christian on blogspot.

I'm sorry you've been going through a tough season, but I have often reminded myself that I can't take others where I haven't been. It is through the deepest valleys that we grow. The soil in the valley is rich and dark.

Bless you!
Beth

Ching Ya said...

This is why I love about reading a blog about Christianity, the verses that I've forgotten when I started my day; and the attitude we should have while we're in the storm.. I pray you're in good hands now with God's guidance and wisdom. It's encouraging to have all the bro/sis in christ all over the world to care, and drop you a message of comfort, and that's the relationship God wants us all to foster, to support each other.

May you get through the storm with a courageous heart. And thanks for your reminder of the lovely verses. We shall Praise Him in the storm!

Beth in NC said...

Hi there. I was just going through my blogging buddies and noticed you haven't posted since November. How are you?

I pray you are well.

Love,
Beth